The Sonata SE represents the entry version to Hyundai's midsize 4-door family sedan, with at a MSRP (manufacturer’s suggested retail price) of US$21,150 (all indicated prices exclude the US$810 freight charge), with the revised 2.4-litre Theta II GDI four-cylinder engine (185hp) and the 6-speed Shiftronic automatic / manual shift gearbox.
The standard equipment of the Sonata SE includes:
• Passive safety: two front seat belt pre-tensioners with force limiters and seven airbags, comprised of two front airbags, two front side-impact airbags, two side air curtains plus a driver knee airbag to help prevent the driver from sliding down the seat in a collision;
• Active safety systems: Vehicle Stability Management (VSM), Electronic Stability Control (ESC) with Traction Control System (TCS) and Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), and the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) with individual tire pressure indicator;
• 3.5-inch OLED (organic light emitting diode) trip computer display screen with custom settings, remote keyless entry with alarm, height-adjustment for the passenger seat, tilt and telescoping steering wheel with cruise control and audio controls, air conditioning, auto up/down (sequential) driver window;
• 16-inch alloy wheels with 205/65R16 all-season tires, LED daytime running lights, rear lip spoiler;
• AM/ FM/ SiriusXM/ CD/ MP3 audio system with 6 speakers, Bluetooth hands-free phone connectivity with audio streaming, iPod/USB and auxiliary input jacks.
• automatic headlight control,
• 10-way power driver seat with lumbar support,
• 5-inch color touchscreen audio system,
• rearview backup camera and
• Blue Link telematics system and a temporary spare tire.