While the Sonata SE version caters for the entry level preference, the sporty tastes get two options, the Sonata Sport or the more pronounced Sonata Sport 2.0T.
Prices of the Sonata Sport start from US$23,175 (MSRP, excluding $810 freight charge), with the same 185hp 2.4-litre Theta II GDI four-cylinder engine of the Sonata SE (the Sonata Sport 2.0T gets a more powerful 2.0-litre tubo engine) and its 6-speed SHIFTRONIC automatic / manual shift gearbox.
The 2015 Sonata Sport standard equipment includes:
• all of the Sonata SE standard equipment, plus,
• all of the SE Popular Equipment package, plus,
• heated side mirrors with turn signal indicators, heated front seats, instrument cluster hood stitching, chrome interior door handles;
• 17-inch alloy wheels with 215/55R17 all-season tires, sport front grille and bumper fascia, chrome-tipped dual exhaust and rocker panel extensions with chrome molding.
The additional Premium Package adds to the Sonata Sport (for US$1,700 MSRP) the:
• Blind Spot Detection System (BSD) with Rear-Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA) and Lane Change Assist, proximity key entry with push-button start, hands-free smart trunk auto open;
• sport seats with leather bolsters and cloth inserts, leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, dual automatic temperature control, auto up/down (sequential) front passenger window (the driver's is standard in all versions);
• chrome exterior door handles with welcome light and door handle welcome light.
• 8-inch navigation system featuring voice command technology, HD Radio Technology, improved touch sensitivity, navigation and map split display, navigation with junction view lane guidance, Apple Eyes Free Siri integration, Wi-Fi client for downloading apps;
• SiriusXM Travel Link with a 3-month complimentary subscription. It allows access to traffic information, sports scores, weather, stock prices, fuel prices and local movie times;
• Dimension premium audio system with 7 speakers including a subwoofer and external amplifier,
• 4.2-inch color LCD multi-info display & electroluminescent gauges,
• auto-dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink and compass.