The next step on the sporty track of Hyundai's midsize 4-door sedan leads straight to the Sonata Sport 2.0T, with its revised 2.0-litre Theta II turbocharged GDI, also featuring E-CVVT.
The 2.0-litre turbo engine, which produces a maximum of 245 horsepower and 260 lb. ft. of torque, is enhanced with the twin-scroll turbocharger's smaller turbine and compressor wheels, for faster response and hence, a better torque in low and mid rpm ranges.
The Sonata Sport 2.0T, which is priced at a MSRP of US$28,575 (excluding $810 freight), includes, as standard, all of the Sonata Sport equipment, plus:
• Blind Spot Detection (BSD) with Rear-cross Traffic Alert and Lane Change Assist, HID Xenon headlamps, LED taillights, Chrome exterior door handles with welcome light, door handle welcome light, chrome-tipped quad exhaust, rear diffuser, hands-free Smart trunk Auto Open, sport-tuned suspension, 12.6-inch front brakes, 18-inch alloy wheels with 235/45R18 all-season tires;
• sport instrument cluster, leather-wrapped D-cut steering wheel, sport shift knob, paddle shifters, 3D appearance interior trim, sport leather seats with piping, dual automatic temperature control, floor console-mounted rear vents, auto-dimming mirror with HomeLink and compass, metal door sill plates, proximity key with push-button start, rack-mounted dual-pinion electric power steering system, auto up/down front passenger window.
The optional Ultimate Package (US$4,950) adds to the Sonata Sport 2.0T:
• panoramic sunroof, high-gloss window surround, ventilated front seats, memory driver seat and outside mirrors, heated rear seats;
• smart cruise control with stop/start capability, lane departure warning system (LDWS), forward collision warning (FCW), electronic parking brake (EPB) with automatic vehicle hold, automatic high beam assist, rear parking assistance system;
• 400-watt Infinity premium audio system with 10 speakers, 4.2-inch color LCD multi-info display & electroluminescent gauges, 8-inch navigation system featuring voice command technology, HD Radio Technology, improved touch sensitivity, navigation and map split display, navigation with junction view lane guidance, Apple Eyes Free Siri integration, Wi-Fi client for downloading apps, SiriusXM Travel Link with 3-month complimentary subscription, Blue Link telematics system.